TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT – OFFICE CLEANING, COMMUNAL AREA CLEANING
1. The Agreement shall continue for the period stated herein or if no such period is stated it shall continue for a period of one year from the date hereof or for A Total Kleaning from the acceptance by the customer of the Contractors quotation whichever is the later and thereafter shall continue until determined by not less than three months notice in writing given by either party to the other party such notice to expire not earlier than the end of said period.
2 The price of all contracts is based on the rates of wages and costs of materials Employer’s National Insurance contributions and other outgoings and overheads of the Contractor at the date of the Agreement or quotation whichever is earlier. In the event of increase after the said date in wages and the other costs referred to above for whatever reason, the Contractor shall have the right to adjust approximately during the period of the Agreement by notice served on the customer such adjustment to be effective from the date of such notice, for A Total Kleaning.
3. In the in event of the customer moving premises other than to those specified in the Agreement or quotation before expiration of the Agreement the customer shall request the Contractor at least 2 weeks prior to any such move to give a new quotation for the provision of its service at the new premises and if appropriate the Contractor will make allowance in such quotation in respect of charges due for any unexpired period remaining under the Agreement.
4. The Contractor’s charges will be invoiced agreed between the Contractor and the customer and failing any such agreement will be invoiced monthly and invoices shall be paid within 30 days upon receipt. In the event of invoices remaining unpaid for a period of 60 days the Contractor reserves the right to terminate the Agreement forthwith and to remove equipment and cleaning materials from the customer’s premises after advising the customer of its intention to do so. A termination of the Agreement by the Contractor pursuant to this condition shall be without prejudice to its rights against the customer under the Agreement and these conditions.
5. The Customer shall provide free of charge for A Total Kleaning :
(i) An adequate and safe power supply and all necessary light, hot water, and other facilities as distinct from the materials which may be required to enable the Contractor to carry out the work.
(ii) Acceptable and safe accommodation for such equipment and materials as the contractor deems necessary to leave on the customer’s premises.
6. The customer undertakes (without prejudice to its duties under “the relevant statutory provisions” as defined by the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations, 1992 which definition shall have the same meaning in these conditions) as follows:-
(a) to ensure that its premises are safe for A Total Kleaning employee/s to carry out the work, and in particular without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing
(b) to ensure that emergency exits are not locked or that a key to any lockable emergency exits will at all times be available to a Total Kleaning employees while on the customer’s premises
(c) to make available to A Total Kleaning employees a first aid box complying with the relevant statutory provision provided that the cost of any of its contents used by the Contractor’s employees will on request be reimbursed by the Contractor and (iii)to ensure that all a access and/or safety equipment is regularly inspected in accordance with any requirements either of the manufacturers or of the relevant statutory provision and on request to produce as evidence of such inspection such test or load certificate as the Contractor may reasonably require for A Total Kleaning
(d)not to do or permit to be done anything to prevent the Contractor from due performance of its obligations under the relevant statutory provisions.
(e)to notify the Contractor forthwith of any complaint made against the customer under the relevant statutory provision .
(f)to indemnify the Contractor against any claim, loss or damage arising from the customer’s breach of any provision of this clause or the relevant statutory provision.
7. The Contractor shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the customer or any part arising out of the Contractor’s failure to carry out the work if prevented from so doing as a result of any circumstances beyond the Contractor’s control which without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing shall include any trade dispute strike or lock out.
8. (a) it shall be assumed that if no written complaint is received by the Contractor its obligations under the Agreement are being performed to the satisfaction of the customer. Should any complaint be necessary, either as to the quality of the work or the conduct or non-attendance of the Contractor’s employees or as to breakage of any article on the customer’s premises caused by such employees, such complaint must be made in writing and received by the Contractor within three working days after its occurrence and upon receipt, the Contractor will take all necessary steps to investigate and rectify the complaint without expense to the customer.
(b) No claim against the Contractor in respect of alleged negligence of the Contractor or its employees or any alleged defect in the Contractors plant or machinery or in respect of any other matter shall be enforceable unless in writing thereof is received by the Contractor within three working days (time being the essence of the contract) after the happening of the event giving rise to the claim. A claim shall not be made the reason for deferring payment of any monies payable to the Contractor.
9. Any notice or complaint by the customer shall be given or made by letter to a Director of the Contractor and delivered by hand or posted recorded delivery post A Total Kleaning, Unit 2 Alexander Charles Hse, Station Passage, Sth Woodford, London, E18 1JL. Any notice by the Contractor shall be given by letter addressed to the customer at it’s Registered or Head Office and delivered by hand or posted as aforesaid. Any such notice or complaint shall be ineffective unless received by the addressee for A Total Kleaning.
10. The liability of the Contractor (other than death or personal injury) in respect of any one claim or series of claims brought against the Contractor and arising from any one incident involving the negligence of the Contractor or it’s employees, or through any defect in its plant or machinery, shall be limited to the sum of £10,000,000.
11. A Total Kleaning shall not be liable to any loss, damage or injury arising from the breaking or disintegration during cleaning by the Contractor’s employees of any cracked, defective or broken part of the property fixtures or fittings of the customer for A Total Kleaning.
12. A Total Kleaning reserves the right to make good any damage for which it may be liable under the Agreement in lieu of making payment in respect thereof for A Total Kleaning.
13. A Total Kleaning undertakes to be insured in respect of Employers Liability & Public Liability to £10,000.000.
14. The customer shall not during the period of the Agreement or of the period in respect of cleaning staff of three months and respect of supervisory staff of twelve
months after termination of the Agreement (howsoever terminated) either on its own or on behalf of or as representing any other person, form or company, solicit or
accept the whole or part time services of or entice away any such staff of the Contractor.
15. Any dispute which may arise between the Contractor and the customer with reference to the Agreement or the construction thereof or any matter contained in or
arising out of the Agreement (save only the customer’s refusal or failure to pay sums due to the Contractor hereunder) shall be referred to two arbitrators to be appointed by
the parties hereto or their umpire in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1950 or any substituted or amended Act for the time being in force.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – END OF TENANCY, SPRING CLEANING, ONE OFF CLEANING, CARPET CLEANING, UPHOLSTERTY CLEANING
A. END OF TENANCY CLEANING / ONE OFF CLEANING / SPRING CLEANING
I. A Total Kleaning reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the client’s original requirements change.
II. The sales advisors can only give a rough estimate of the duration of the cleaning service, which is based on a basic description of the customer’s house. Please note that duration may vary therefore a degree of flexibility is required.
III. The standard End of Tenancy clean service does not include cleaning of walls, ceilings, curtains, balconies, patios, upholstery, washing up or laundry. The property must be vacated, in the event of the property not being vacated A Total Kleaning will not be responsible for any further cleaning required and if needed to return an additional charge will be made.
IV. If collection of keys is required from a location outside the postal code area then a charge of £20.00 could be chargeable.
V. The client is responsible for checking the quality of the cleaning work immediately after completion of the work
VI. The customer is advised that an end of tenancy cleaning may take double the length of time required for a general cleaning. After Builders Cleaning, After Party Cleaning or neglected homes may take up to three times longer than a well maintained home requiring general cleaning.
VII A Total Kleaning cannot be held responsible for damage caused to client property whilst carrying out normal cleaning activities due to wear and tear
B. CARPET CLEANING & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING
I. A Total Kleaning reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the client’s original requirements change.
II. If the customer has a dog, cat or other pet then an additional charge may be added to the service price due to the extensive amount of animal hair slowing down the cleaning process.
III. If water extraction is required due to flooding an additional charge may be added to the service price.
IV. The client understands that additional Parking and Congestion charge may apply.
V. All carpet/upholstery cleaning orders are subject to £65 (excl. VAT) minimum call out charge.
A. Payment is requested on completion on the day of the cleaning session. Our Terms are strictly payment on completion of works unless you hold an account with A Total Kleaning then payment should be made within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
B. Payment can be made in cash, cheque or bank transfer on completion of the service
C. Payment can be made with debit or credit card over the phone (This need to be made in advance). If payment is made by credit card 4% surcharge will apply. A Total Kleaning will not share the customer’s card details with a third party.
D. The Customer agrees that any outstanding amount owed to A Total Kleaning can be charged from the debit/credit card the customer has provided at the time of the booking. The Customer is requested to provide debit/credit card details at the time of booking for security unless an Account is held with A Total Kleaning.
E. If payment is not made after 30 days of invoice then the account will be passed to our collections agency, after which a charge on top of the initial invoice due, will be added to the debt. You agree as part of this contract to pay this sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts.
3. COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS
A. The customer accepts and understands that poor service, breakage/damage or theft must be reported within 24 hours from the service date. Failure to do so will entitle customer to no refunds or recovery cleanings.
B. If the customer has scheduled an inventory check then it must be scheduled to commence no later than 24 hours after the cleaning job has been carried out.
C. A Total Kleaning will not accept a complaint based on an Inventory check report, filed more than 24-hour after the cleaning session.
D. Complaints are accepted verbally over the phone and in writing (letter or e mail). Complaints must be reported on completion or in the following 24-hour.
E. All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are: cash, jewellery, items of sentimental value (the customer will be credited with the items present cash value), art and antiques.
F. A Total Kleaning agrees to keep all customers* information confidential.
G. In case of damage A Total Kleaning will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired A Total Kleaning will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement from a A Total Kleaning’s source upon payment of cleaning services rendered.
A. A Total Kleaning has a Public and Employer’s liability insurance. The policy will cover any accidental damages caused by an operator working on behalf of A Total Kleaning, reported within 24 hours of service date.
B. A Total Kleaning reserves the right to refuse to share any of the confidential company’s documents.
5. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
In the event that the customer is not 100% satisfied, the customer should contact the company not more than 24 hours after completion of the service. Unless good reason is given for late notification of the complaint the company will not consider any complaints which are noticed after the said 24 hour period.
In the event of a complaint the client will allow the company to return to the property to check and rectify any works not completed to standard. The company will not refund any payment or part payment if permission is not granted for return
We will do our best to meet any allocated appointment times but they are approximate only and customers should allow for delays beyond our control Liability
A Total Kleaning reserve the right not to be liable for completing tasks which are not stated on our task list.
A Total Kleaning cannot be held responsible for the following:-
a. Third parties entering or present at the customers premises during the cleaning process
b. Wear or discoloration of fabric becoming more visible once staining has been removed. Failing to remove old/permanent stains that cannot be removed using standard carpet cleaning methods
Please note pressure/jet washing by its very nature will splash dirty water, roughen surfaces, dislodge loose material, remove paint, damage vegetation, every effort will be made to work with minimal damage and effect on surrounding areas, please ensure you are fully aware of the terms and conditions prior to booking.
Mortar and flaking paint – please note that during pressure washing loose mortar will be dislodged due to the very nature of operating high pressure water, please advise us of any care which should be taken of any areas of concern prior to the start of the pressure washing. Replacement of any mortar/brick work, paintwork displaced by the pressure washing process will be at the cost of the customer.
Water Pressure-We will require an external tap with free good strong water pressure to effectively operate our machinery for an effective result, we cannot be held responsible for our machinery not operating at its best due to a low water pressure.
Drains-Large quantities of dirty water will be flowing into drains so please ensure drains are clear to allow water to flow away, please note if the ground does not support free flow of water to the drains, dirty water may pool and areas where water does not drain the effectiveness of machinery to clean the surface may be impaired.
Wood-Please note pressure washing by its very nature will roughen the surface of certain wooden products such as decking or furniture, please let us know prior to the start of the pressure washing of any concerns you may have. Please clear the area required to be cleaned of all items such as pots, furniture, children’s toys etc. Please note pressure washing by it’s very nature will make splashes onto surrounding areas, displace weak or loose material, cause excess water/debris to flow into drains. Please ensure you understand and accept these conditions prior to booking. We do however make every effort to reduce damage, dirt and disruption.
Weather- due to changeable weather conditions throughout the year it may be necessary to change an agreed date to carry out works at short notice or change the way we operate on the day due to the weather.